Hello – Thanks for looking at our website!! You’ve come to the right place for a great camping/glamping experience for all the family!!
Who are we?? Well in ‘normal times’ (Pre-Covid19), our company “Mid Wales Events Ltd” operates as an Events Management business through our Trademark “SHINDIG”. We chose that as our trading name because we love a good party, and especially just love organising a great party/wedding event for other people… Seeing people enjoying themselves at one of our events is what makes life worthwhile and really fulfilling for us. With events restricted due to Covid we decided to adapt our business model using elements of our normal Event Planning, Catering and Bar services – all wrapped up within a completely new angle, based on our most successful model for Festival Wedding Weekends at our fantastic Gwaenynog Barn base in Mid Wales: So come and enjoy a unique, relaxed ‘Festival Style’ camping experience, tailored especially for you for an affordable price at our brand new “Woodlands Campsite”.
And not only that, but just like our sister campsite at ‘Gwaenynog Farmhouse’ (link here) we’ve decided to offer up to 40% HERO discounts for all NHS, Care & Charity workers, plus our Armed Forces and Veterans. See more details below and on the other pages. We also offer 20% HERO discounts for new festival wedding bookings, and already have several new bookings for future years – see at link here.
Whatever kind of camping/glamping break you are looking for, we can offer it here without breaking the bank!!! See below our reviews from last year – and that’s before we added even more facilities for the 2021 season…
Welcome to the “Woodlands” Camping & Glamping Experience!!
We’re a unique camping and glamping site, operating from our base at “Gwaenynog Barn” in beautiful Mid Wales. Located in 16acres of mixed pasture and woodland, we are set within a secluded valley offering you the chance to relax and enjoy a quiet break including an onsite woodland trail, or else take advantage of ready access to many local walks, ‘off road’ activities and tourist attractions.
Whether you’re bringing your own home on wheels, are tenting nomads or looking for a little bit more comfort, we can make your stay in mid Wales just that little bit better, by offering you a wide choice of great value onsite catering. You can choose to enjoy restaurant quality meals in the Farmhouse for a special night out, or just relax with good quality pub grub / takeaway meals served from our onsite licensed bar in the Dutch Barn. We have loads of undercover outdoor seating for you to eat/drink and relax in a COVID Safe way, no matter what the weather does, or else we can hire out BBQs and Firepits for use at your camping pitch/glamping pod.
Head here if you want to book a pitch for camping with a tent or caravan/motorhome, or here if you want to book one of our GlamPods. Our calendars are up-to-date and in compliance with the govt regulations.
How to find us… Although postcodes are great, they don’t always help out in the countryside – ours covers 8 farms! However, the 3word address app sorts that all out. Head over to download the app, as it’s really useful! Our GlamPod 3words are: ///escapes.driven.duos All you do is click on this link, choose how to navigate (we recommend Bing Maps, or Google Maps, etc) then follow the route.
Alternatively our GPS reference is 52.690773, -3.361913. Or the OS map reference is SJ 08031 11210
Reviews (just a few!!):
- Set in lovely countryside. Recycling actively encouraged. Our dog was welcomed and loved it there. Owners went out of their way to accommodate our needs. The breakfast served in the B&B is highly recommended as are the evening meals that can be ordered by campers. Spotlessly clean facilities with hand sanitizer available everywhere needed. (Sept 2020)
- Great location and atmosphere. Loved it here. (Sept 2020)
- Lovely people, Nice place to stay, very remote, small roads, though not to far from a main road, unfortunately very windy during our stay 🙁 (Aug 2020)
- What a lovely friendly happy campsite. Nice and quiet no noisy campers, really clean, absolutely spot on we will be coming back. Thank you for a lovely weekend (Aug 2020)
- Absolutely lovely site. Very friendly owners who cooked and served a lovely meal. Would definitely go again. (Aug 2020)
- Fiona and Norman were the perfect hosts. We were a large group with a caravan, a motorhome, a tent, 14 people and four dogs. We couldn’t have felt more welcome! Covid measures were all in place and explained to us on arrival along with their recycling facilities. The area is stunning. We will definitely be back and hope the weather is kinder to us. Thank you Fiona and Norman! We had a fantastic family weekend. (Aug 2020)
- What a lovely family friendly place, facilities and site 5 star. We will definitely revisit. So much in and around the area, also so relaxing and quiet that you could just stay on site. (Aug 2020)
- Very friendly and helpful owners. Great campsite in a beautiful location. (Aug 2020)
- Beautiful rural campsite with plenty of facilities on site. Peaceful and well maintained by lovely owners. Would thoroughly recommend for walking, fishing, or just chilling. The very best of beautiful rural Wales – and the mountains and coast are within easy reach if you have a car. I would certainly visit again. (Aug 2020)